Vision Statement (Approved 9/6/06)
The Cosumnes, American, Bear and Yuba Rivers Integrated Regional Water Management Plan participants pledge to work toward the realization of this vision: To meet the integrated water needs of the people and the rivers of the Cosumnes, American, Bear and Yuba region now and into the future.
Guiding Principles (Approved 10/4/06)
We will strive to:
- Achieve the consumptive, environmental, power and recreational requirements of our region in a balanced manner.
- Encourage implementation of water management policies in support of CABY goals and objectives.
- Manage and protect our resources in the face of climate change and variability through water policy, monitoring, assessment, restoration, and infrastructure development and operations.
- Address the increase in population and demand through water and watershed management.
- Inform and educate our current and future generations on the value and methods of a watershed approach and water management consistent with CABY goals and objectives.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with multiple stakeholders and the public to foster collaboration and communication in our region.
- Engage elected officials within the CABY region through an advisory council about CABY activities that may affect their constituents.
- Build organizational and community capacity to aid in achieving our vision in the watersheds of the CABY region.
CABY’s Goals and Objectives are clearly laid out in Chapter 9 of the IRWM Plan.