The CABY region with Nevada City as the overall project sponsor was successfully awarded a Proposition 84 Implementation Grant in late 2011. The project application included a variety of projects from four individual CABY stakeholder/member groups: Nevada City (8 projects), Washington County Water District (6 projects), Placer County Water Agency (1 project), and American Rivers (1 project). At the time of submittal, Nevada City, the community of Washington and the community of Colfax were all considered disadvantaged communities with an income of equal to or less than 80% of the median household income of California. Additionally, the community of Washington was and is considered severely disadvantaged with an income of equal to or less than 60% of the median household income of California.
Each of the funded projects will have its own dedicated page within this website as of mid-October 2013. These pages are currently under construction. As the various projects all have different start and end dates, the project-specific pages will be created and updated based on the individual project implementation schedule.
A list of the projects follows organized by sponsor.
1. Gracie Road Intertie
2. South Pine Street Distribution System Improvement
3. Park Avenue Distribution System Improvement
4. Prospect Street Distribution System Improvement
5. Install Altitude Valves with Integrated SCADA Systems on Storage Tanks
6. Leak Detection Program
7. Installation of Water Meters on City Facilities
8. Integrated Water Shortage Contingency, Drought Preparedness
Washington County Water District
1. Maybert Road Transfer and Distribution Line Replacement
2. Relief Hill Road – Flow Control Pressure System Improvements
3. Level-Control Altitude Valve Improvements
4. System-wide Installation of Water Meters
5. Downtown Leak Detection and Repair
6. Comprehensive Water Conservation Planning Program
Placer County Water Agency
1. Leak Detection & Repair in the Communities of Alta/Colfax
1. CABY Water Trust